Friday, May 9, 2008

Oh Anlynn!

For a three year old, Anlynn really is funny. Hardly a day goes that we don't get a chuckle out of her. Today we got a laugh at the mall. We'd just come out of the bathroom and were trying to to navigate the narrow hallway single file. Apparently Anlynn was in some sort of rush, or she felt crowded, or she just wanted to be bossy, because as rudely as she could she said, "MOOOVE Amannnnaaa! You're in my way!" To truly understand the humor of this, try hearing those words in Anlynn's no-nonsense voice. And it doesn't hurt to factor in that she is the YOUNGER of the sisters! Anyway, trying to stifle laughter, Lige and I just said, "Anlynn." She must have understood what that one word meant, because she immediately corrected herself with, "Um, Amana, will you please move because I'm trying to walk and you're in my way."

I remember back to when Anlynn was about a year old. People would ask what kind of baby she was. I remember telling people that she was really sweet and really ornery. The same is true today. While we were buying a birthday gift for a friend this morning, we turned down an aisle that had someone else in it. As sweetly and natural and as unprompted as could be Anlynn says, "Excuse me." The woman really noticed her manners and took the time to tell both Anlynn and I how nice it was to hear such politeness. She looked so surprised that a 3 year old could have such good manners...I think it gave her a little hope for the future generations!

No comments: