Wednesday, April 1, 2009

All over the place...

Boy, it seems like forever!

I was hoping to share some exciting moments about our annual FCA ski trip, but since 120 excited skiiers and 19 inches of snow were decending on Colorado at the same exact time, I have no exciting moments to share! It was the longest bus ride to nowhere and back I've been on, however, so that must count for something!

Random kid anecdotes:

Harrison has had a language explosion. He now tries almost everything we ask him to say, and he's throwing out all sorts of words naturally on his own. BALL has been a favorite of his for a long time, but recently Lige has been working with him to distinquish the different sports. He can now say Bock-ee-ball (basketball), Foo-ball (football) and very carefully BASSSSe-ball (emphasis on the "base")! Harrison also now must report to me everything he sees the entire way to and from Kearney. The maddness tends to work like this:
Mommy! Mommy! Tee! Mommy, Tee! Mommy, Tee! (literally until I say, Yes, a Tree!)
Mommy, Cane! Cane! Mommy, Cane! Mommy, Cane! (again, until he hears, Yes, a crane!)
Otter! Otter, Mommy! Mommy, Otter! Mommy! Mommy! (Yes, water!)
Neigh-neigh! Mommy! Neigh-neigh! Mommy, mommy! (I think you get the picture!)
He points with the greatest enthusiasm ever! So fun!


Harrison got a haircut Saturday. Although this was not his first haircut, this time I actually watched his baby-ness fall away with the hair clippings. It was a bit sad to this mama's heart, but he was so stinkin' cute, the pain didn't last long! The hair dresser spiked it with gel, and seriously, he looked like a stud!


Amana has such an interesting mind. She was so excited to tell us at lunch the other day that she loves eating her food smallest to biggest and back down again. She said it like it was the most natural, common thing in the world! Driving the other day, out of nowhere, she declares, "I really think that all car tires and bike tires should be red." Serious...she was completely serious!


I'm happy to report that Anlynn's sensory issues are more under control. We still have to put her socks on inside out, but at least she's snapping her jeans most of the time. Her skin is still rough and itchy. We try to lotion her up as much as we can. After a bath, I was slathering her with lotion, but she DID NOT want it on her rear. She informed me, "That makes my butt angry!"

Anlynn loves, and I mean LOVES to antagonize Amana. Amana flies so easily into a tither, that it's no wonder Anlynn enjoys tormenting her so much. The van rides are the worst...they sit together in the back and it's so conveinent for Anlynn. A captive audience. Amana flies into hysterics over any little thing Anlynn does in the van, so I finally told her the truth: "Anlynn likes to make you cry. Try to look out your window and pretend you can't hear her." It worked the rest of the day. The next day, crafty Anlynn had a new plan. She began looking out AMANA's window! Not leaning way over, just turning her head to look across Amana and out her window. Of course Amana went crazy! I looked at Anlynn in the rearview mirror and said, "Anlynn Alivia. I know what you are doing, and you better stop right now." She didn't say anything and she didn't turn her head at first, but her smart little eyes jutted over quickly to meet my gaze. Then she gave the most guilty, gleeful look ever! Finally she looked out her own window! Later in the week, Lige asked Anlynn, "do you like to upset Amana?" The little tyrant beamed and her eyes widened as she excitedly whispered, "yeah!" What do we do with her?!


Bedtime prayers are always special moments. The girls have been missing some Texas friends very much. We had been talking only about Anna that particular evening, so her prayer that night was a bit of a surprise. "And I pray for Jonny (Anna's younger brother), 'cause I love him and he's my friend." Probably because I was missing my Texas friends too, tears stung my eyes that night.


Random Lige and Dusty stuff:

Pray for Lige. He was extremely disappointed about the called-off ski trip. Then he found out sad family news. Then a co-worker died suddenly of a heart attack...He's going to the funeral today. He told me, "As Amana would say, 'I'm just having a rough day.'"


House situation hasn't changed much. We are hoping to list our house by mid April. We're praying for a quick sale, but the realtor mentioned that the average time on the market in Minden has been 9-12 MONTHS. Pretty discouraging. We're finishing projects and beginning to pack up a lot of stuff to make the house more appealing to prospective buyers. We have 2 houses we are interested in. The only good news about how long homes stay on the market is the hope these homes will still be for sale when we are finally able to buy one.


I have been reading the Twilight series. Yes, the teen-fiction, vampire books! And I am almost embarressed to say that I absolutely love them! They are such a fun read for grown ups! I would suggest them if you enjoy readng fiction. Just make sure you have a free week to commit to reading...they are extremely hard to put down once you start! Lige has been familiar with my book-reading habbits: The first half I can usually pick up and put down easily, even in the middle of a page or chapter. But once I hit a little beyond the mid-point, I. MUST. FINISH. THE. BOOK! I'll even read into the wee hours of the morning. These books have hooked me from the start, and I have to really focus to rip myself away from them! Crazy thoughts like, "too bad you can't read in the shower or while driving," have occured! Lige has been very patient and understanding. Really, I think he knows it's best for me to just get them done already! I love reading and I love books and I love good writing. I'm always open to suggestions, so if you have a favorite, let me know and I'll give it a try!


All over the place enough for you?!

1 comment:

WifeandMom said...

Yay, so happy to read your updates and finally see something different than a roll of toilet paper when I check your blog! :) I just love your kids--their little personalities are so much fun. You do such a good job portraying them on your blog.