We have a lot of new and exciting "firsts" starting this fall. The first of many firsts began yesterday afternoon: Amana has begun ballet and tap lessons. From the moment we told her about it, she has been so excited and askes everyday, "Do I go to dance lessons today?" And finally, yesterday the answer was YES! Amana can be pretty shy, and yesterday was no different. It was a new building, new teachers, new kids...and mom couldn't stay! So I helped her get her shoes one, prayed for her, kissed several times and waved good-bye. When I left her, she was sitting alone against the wall. I knew once I left she'd warm up, and she did. When it was all over, Amana told me, "I was sitting there for a while calming down and calming down. Then my heart felt a little bit happy so I smiled." And then she danced her heart out.
The teacher, Miss Kathy, told me Amana did pretty good. Miss Kathy said she tended to really analyze each step and give it a lot of thought. The secretary said she had a little trouble switching feet...and suggested I work with Amana on skipping! This just tickles me, because if you've ever watched Amana try to skip, it's a riot! It's more of a leap while pedaling a bike in the air and then she lands and stumbles a little until she regains her footing to do it all again! Yes, we'll be working on skipping and shuffling and plies!
No comments:
Post a Comment