Monday, January 25, 2010

Love these kids

Happy Monday everyone!This picture was taken in December, so it's a little dated...but I love to showcase any picture that is good of ALL FOUR KIDS!


I've been compiling a few cute stories about the kidlets in my mind for several weeks and it hasn't been until now that I've been able to blog them. These moments are pretty random. With three thoughtful, inquisitive, talkative children, you never know what you're gonna get!



We had hoped to get Amana involved in 4-H this year. However, the group meets at the same time as Amana's dance class, so we aren't able to participate. The 4-H club meets immediately after Anlynn's preschool gets out at the same church, since the preschool teacher also leads the 4-H. Several of Amana's friends were there and she asked what was going on. We discussed it. Anlynn must have discussed it in preschool, too, for she says, "You have to listen to Miss Cindi at 4-H...and 7-H and 5H, too." Hilarious!



Saturday morning I was laying in bed with Isaac when Amana bounces in. She says, "Mom, you're so lucky! You have four wonderful kids, a really good helper (referring to herself, of course!), and the sweetest baby boy." How do I disagree with that?! I am blessed beyond measure!



Flipping through a notebook for some paper for the kids, I found a memory from this summer that I wanted to remember. On the Minden square this summer, there was a Biker Rally Fundraising event. One of Lige's co-workers at the time was singing the national anthem and we went to support her. As you can imagine, there were tons of motorcycles of every different kind and color, along with all kinds of different people. We stayed long enough to hear then all start up their engines. On the drive home, Lige was pining away for a motorcycle. He's always wanted one, and being around so many made the desire strong! After listening to Lige wish for a motorcycle for a few minutes, Amana says, "But Dad, you already have a motorcycle." We reminded her that no, in fact we do not. She was insistant. "Yes, we do. It's in the garage. You know, the blue one. The one with the basket." Then it came to us...We have an old MO-PED in the garage that does indeed sport a basket! Can you just imagine Lige rolling up to a biker rally on his tricked-out mo-ped, complete with a basket?! I'm pretty sure that's not what he meant by motorcycle!



Harrison is developing quite the imagination. In typical All Boy style, he's been pretending he is a dinosaur or that there are dinosaurs about to get us. Yesterday, on the way to the van, he shouts, "Hurry! Get in the car! The dinosaurs are going to get you!" The girls run screaming and laughing to the van. Lige must not have been hurrying fast enough, so Harrison shouted it again as he was helping Harrison into the van. Just for the fun of it, I shouted (really, I'm not exaggerating) "It's right there! It's gonna get you! Hurry!" The girls and Harrison laughed after they realized I was playing along. Then Lige got into the van, and as he was shutting the door, yet again Harrison yells, "Hurry dad!" Suddenly, Lige slams the dorn and PEELS OUT in the alley to escape the dinosaurs! Did I mention we were on our way to church?! Somehow knowing that makes it even funnier to me! :) I enjoyed such a fun and silly moment with my family. The way it usually goes down, is for Lige and I to hush the kids and tell them to hurry up so we're not late. Not nearly as fun. These are the types of moments I hope our kids remember when they think of their childhood.



Oh, I'm sure there are more stories, but I can't seem to remember more than 3 or 4 at a time! What's a girl to do? Blog more often, I guess!

No comments: