Wow, I can't believe how quickly life can get away from you sometimes! We've had a whirlwind of a life the past 2 weeks! Crazy and wild, but good!
I'm going to skip the recap, and just get to the cute things going on with the kids!
I am taking the kids to get special pictures done today-they'll look like antique photos. Last night at bedtime, I was talking to the girls about it and told Amana she'd wear a lacy dress and have bare feet. She burst into hysterical tears and went on a rant about how if she had to have bare feet, she wasn't going to do it. I couldn't believe how ridiculous she was being, until I heard her tell Lige, "I don't want a bear's foot! Why can't I just have my feet?!" I caught on a little more quickly than Lige and burst into a fit of laughter. About five seconds later, so did Lige! We were both trying not to laugh, but the sheer innocence of her misunderstanding really tickled us! We did a lot of quick explaining and I think we got it cleared up! I went over to pray for Anlynn. She grabbed her foot and held it 2 inches from her face (being three and quite flexible!) and said in her very sweet, sincere Anlynn-voice, "Um, I don't want a bear foot eeder." And pointing to the little foot held to her face, said , "I just want dis foot. I like dis foot." Could these girls be any more precious!
Harrison has taken to climbing. I've never had a climber before and so this is quite new to me! He used the rung on the kitchen chair to climb up into the chair. He used the ottoman to launch himself into a chair in the living room. And he's a fraction of an inch away from being able to climb into the tub unassisted! He gets on his tip-toes and swings that one leg up onto the ledge! You should see him working those toes and hands trying to get in! All with his bare bottom hanging out! He's a hoot!
Later this week I'll tell you about our exciting garden news!
No comments:
Post a Comment