Thursday, September 23, 2010

the Birthday and the Party

So, I'm just now blogging my sweet Isaac's first birthday. Can you tell he's the fourth child?! Poor kid. But, he did get two cakes, so that makes up for it, right?!


On Isaac's actual birthday, I whipped up a quick gluten-free cake...not because he has a wheat issue, but because it was the only cake mix we had in the house. My plan was to make one 9 inch round cake for the rest of us and then a large cupcake for Isaac to destroy. Once I pulled the cakes from the oven, however, I was inspired to use the large cupcake for the muzzle of a bear. One can of pre-made frosting later, Isaac had a Happy Birthday Bear Cake! And he still got to destroy the large cupcake! This is Isaac just getting going. Isn't he yummy?!A few weeks later, we had a party to celebrate Isaac's birthday. We invited our families to join us at an area splash park. It was a hot August day, so the water was a big hit. I decided to go with a Pirate theme for the party for 2 reasons. When I purchased wrapping paper for Harrison's birthday in May, I bought a 2 pack. One was sports themed (obviously for Harrison!) the other a roll of pirate paper. The second reason was because the splash park had a new Pirate ship playground. Perfect! We openned presents in the only shade in the park. We were so blessed to have all the grandmas, one of the grandpas, a great-grandma, an aunt, 3 cousins, and some family friends join us. It was a fun, hot day! ONE-derful Things About Isaac at One:
  • He laughs a lot, showing off his cute gappy-toothed smile
  • He gives great sloppy kisses
  • He still loves to nurse
  • He is starting to play with his siblings
  • He loves to play "chase" with daddy
  • He loves to explore, investigate, and interact with the world around him

Isaac Jonathan, you are an incredible blessing to this family. I love playing with you and snuggling you and watching you take on your world!

No comments: